Friday, March 21, 2008

Life is a test!!


Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

Life truly is a test, we get tested in so many different ways. You get tested with your wealth, your children, fear , poverty, with loss of life and even happy times are a test just to see if we are truly grateful to Allah SWT for all the blessings we have.Allah says in the Quran "Alif/Laam/Meem..Do people think that they will be left alone because they say, "We believe," and will not be tested? Indeed We tested those who (lived) before them" Surah Al-Ankaboot (29)1-3.Why am I talking about tests...well simply because I just went through a test although every day of our life is a test ...this was out of the ordinary for me. My whole family was fast asleep and we got burgled but Subhanalllah nothing can harm you without the will of Allah SWT and praise be to Allah who saved us and no one was hurt. Allah's Messenger PBUH said " Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety , a grief or mental worry or even the pricking of a thorn but Allah WILL expiate his sins on account of his patience " Subhanallah these words bring such comfort as I did feel anxiety, grief and worry but I believe that my sins were expiated. Trials are usually there for us to take a lesson from. I remember thinking that in the Akhirah I didn't want to have these negative feelings because there it will not be just for a few days or few hours but forever.I want to have ETERNAL bliss. It was a trying time but the rememberance of Allah SWT gave me a feeling of peace & calm....Verily in the rememberance of Allah do hearts find comfort, Surah Ar-Rad (13)ayah 28.
So basically, we should keep our tongues moist with the remembrance of Allah as when we remember him in times of ease he will remember us in times of difficulty and I truly believe that is what happened with me.....
Allah SWT does not burden a soul beyond its scope (Surah Baqarah 2, Ayah 286).....so whatever comes our way , we will be able to cope with it although it may seem as if we can't.

No comments: