In the name of Allah, the most Beneficient, the most Merciful
Ayatul Kursi is an ayaah (verse) in the Holy Qur'aan in the second surah, surah Baqarah ayah 255 in which Allah SWT speaks about Himself and His Attributes.
It is highly distinguished because:-
- The Prophet Muhammad PBUH described it as the greatest ayaah in the Qur'aan.
- In it the most Great Name of Allah is mentioned.
- It protects from the accursed shaytaan. Whoever recites it at night (before going to bed), Allah will appoint a guard for him and stay with him to protect him all night long, and no shaytaan will come near him till morning.
- In a hadeeth reported by At-Tabaraani the Prophet PBUH said " The one who recites it after each of the obligatory prayers, then death will be the only thing (ie barrier) preventing him from entering al-Jannah (paradise)."
- It is the only place in the Qur'aan where the Kursi (Footstool of Allah) is mentioned.